Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chicken & Sausage Gumbo

Our May hostess, Denise, of There’s a Newf in My Soup!, challenged The Daring Cooks to make Gumbo! She provided us with all the recipes we’d need, from creole spices, homemade stock, and Louisiana white rice, to Drew’s Chicken & Smoked Sausage Gumbo and Seafood Gumbo from My New Orleans: The Cookbook, by John Besh.


Talk about DELISH!! My family loved this recipe and so do I! It took 3 grocery stores well one being Wal-mart before I finally found the File' Powder needed for this recipe. I finally found it at our local Crest Foods Store in Edmond, OK.  Once I had all the stuff together I started the Gumbo and had to finish the rice and eat it tonight for dinner and it was a success with my family of picky eaters!

1 comment:

  1. WOW wonderful that you loved the recipe so much yes it is a keeper well done.

    Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete