Saturday, March 12, 2016

5 Star Red Beans & Rice


One of my favorite things to do while I am surfing the internet is stop by my favorite website for foodies. The website is called AllRecipes.com. You just type in the ingredient you want and a recipe comes up. In this instance, my husband wants red beans and rice, I am not a big fan of red beans and rice so I decided if I must make this I am looking for a recipe that I will like as well. Plus he cannot say I never make him red beans and rice. (Giggles)

I added an extra can of drained kidney beans to the recipe for him, and instead of 1 clove of garlic, we added 3, I doubled the oregano and since I knew my husband would want a lot of rice, I just made instant rice in the microwave for 6 servings to please my hubby's large appetite.  It was a great meal!  Next time I think I need to double the meat and stick to just two cans of beans, it would be more pleasing to my taste buds.

Do you want to try this recipe? Go to All Recipes 

No comments:

Post a Comment