Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

 


Hello bakers, fryers, my dear friends and followers! It has been a few months since I posted. I have cooked many meals, believe me. Homemade meat balls and spaghetti, Swedish nut cake, steaks, and even made two pumpkin  pies just yesterday! I know I haven’t even posted about them yet. Maybe I will back post after telling you about how delicious my house smells again today! It is frigidly cold outside, and this is my first week to stay home in months! I am delighted and trying to squeeze in a little of almost every hobby I have into as many days as possible. The best time to bake is in the winter months, most every one knows that. If you want to get a warm oven going to help warm the home and give it a nice home baked goods smell, bake a batch of cookies! It works! Many realtors do this trick to make a home they are trying to sell smell like home. And nothing does it like something cooking in the oven. 

A dear friend of mine stopped by the cabinet shop we are closing and we loaded her truck down with as much scrap wood and cabinets as she could fit in her vehicle, in exchange she gave me a few boxes of food that she cannot eat due to her diet. One of the many items I am trying to use were raisins. I don’t eat raisins a whole lot by them selves, if they are covered in chocolate, heck yeah they will be eaten right up with not one to spare!

 I had just enough of the small boxes of Sun Maid Raisins to equal the 1 cup worth I needed for my Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe I found at AllRecipes.com one of my go to sites for recipes. My favorite is Chef John’s recipes, but there are a lot of great cooks out there so I am saving all their recipes. This recipe had 5 stars and about 2,000  voted so I gave it shot. I mean how hard can it be? It was not hard at all. I did sift my dry ingredients, and substituted the brown sugar I lacked with white sugar. Didn’t make a difference as far as I can tell, they turned out great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment