Friday, May 4, 2018

Flower Pot Gardening Take 2



Attempting to grow a flower pot garden for the second time in my lifetime. In all honesty, I bought the plants as sprouts, and all I had to do was keep them living. Apparently I planted too early. We had two hard freezes after my planting. I moved all the pots I could indoors, and covered the plants with plastic outdoors. Before moving indoors my strawberry plant was flowering and had a red berry. I had a nice looking bell and a jalapeño plant, the bell pepper and the basil died along with the strawberry plant. The jalapeño plant lost its leaves but still has a green stem co ing out of dirt, maybe I can revive it. The Romaine, tomato, chives, oregano, cilantro, and marigolds are doing good. I feel like I’m barely hanging on to my lavender, and petunias. I attempted to start carrots and some basil from seeds, they were sprouting and outgrowing the container, so I took off the lid, and they all died. 
Today I enjoyed a turkey sandwich with Romaine lettuce straight from my garden! It is so rewarding actually getting to eat what you have grown! Stay tuned for more updates in the months to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment