Sunday, April 3, 2016

Homemade Carrot Cake



My first attempt at carrot cake and it is amazing! It is funny that I sacrificed my baby carrots at all. I am addicted to them! I eat a pound to 2 lbs a week of baby carrots. I just snack on them through out the day nonstop. I have been eating them like this for a few years now so I know my good carrots from my bad ones. My husband went grocery shopping and he thought he was doing me a favor by purchasing "Organic" Baby Carrots. I filled my morning bowl up grabbed my coffee and headed to my craft room first bite and I had to run back to the kitchen and spit it in the trash. I went on about my business and then again another bad carrot. I decided to take my bowl back to the kitchen and toss them all from my bowl into the trash. I still had 3/4 of a 1 lb bag left I didn't want to waste them, and there is no way I can eat a carrot that tastes like old mildewy shoe leather. So they sat in my fridge for another week and then I decided to use those carrots in a carrot cake and see if they ruin the flavor of the cake. The cake turned out fantastic and the carrots did not go to waste! 


No comments:

Post a Comment