Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-chia! The Beginning...


Okay call me crazy it's not the worst thing I have ever been called... giggles. Haven't you ever wondered if Chia Pets really worked. Well I have and I wanted a chia pet for Christmas and Santa brought me one. It wasn't exactly the Chia I was hoping for but hey whose complaining I have a Chia, a Homer Chia!


 First step in trying to get your Chia to grow is measuring out the proper amount of seeds and water ratio to get your seeds to a gel like substance which takes an hour of occasional stirring of the seed and water mixture.






You will also need a bucket. I used the Easter bucket my son received from his girlfriend this year. You need the bucket  to soak your clay Chia head in my case, you will let it soak for an hour.


After the soaking you get to play with the Chia seed gel substance and rub it into the grooves of your Chia making sure not to overlap the seeds. It also suggested placing a plastic bag over the Chia to help germinate the seeds.


So this is the beginning of my Homer Chia! I sure hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment