Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Johnny Carinos Italian Nachos - What A Treat!


When I married my husband 18 years ago this past Saturday he told me he didn't cook. He would not be caught basically cooking or cleaning in the kitchen. Oh how things have changed...giggles. Little did he know then that he married a 23 year old that really only knew how to cook eggs, boil a few things, and I could follow a recipe but a cook I was not! I had absolutely no skills. When we were dating I wanted to make his favorite meal, oh great. Lasagna he says. I read the package and I kid you not it read cook the noodles separately. Okay so  I have a box of noodles that I am cooking separately, but separate from what? I, being a natural blonde of course was set up on this one because I assumed it meant separately from each other, after a few hours it seemed, I gave up on the separate noodle method and just hoped for the best and tossed the remaining noodles all together.  Oh what a great laugh it is for us now my 4 hour Lasagna. 
 
My cooking skills well they are still lacking in areas today to be frankly honest. . but I am doing so much better. I guess  you could say that after a few attempts of trying new things my husband takes over the kitchen nowadays most of the time he jumps in there with new things to try like Irish nachos made with potatoes, oh and when he decided to learn how to make a brisket, I was jumping for joy. I think he really enjoys cooking, if he doesn't I know the rest of us do. He is a natural in the kitchen, there are times he gets a little crazy on pepper or garlic but mostly he cooks wonderful.

This weeks favorite meal that the hubby wanted us to try out was a copy cat Johnny Carinos Italian nachos. Oh my goodness, they were better than the restaurant! Johnathan grilled his chicken and I think the restaurant boils theirs. So awesome!

We have a tip that you make individual servings so that you don't have crispy chips left in the sauce making them soggy when/if you have left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment