Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tomato, Basil & Cayenne Peppers Survived!


I can't believe it myself the tomato, basil, rosemary and cayenne actually lived to produce something in this triple digit heat. I even went on vacation! When I returned I had strawberries in the planter that had been dying when I left and somehow my daughter managed to revive it, only for it to die for good when I took over.

I finally was able to get my tomato plant to produce this small tomato and possibly another is on the way, we'll see. I picked a great year of drought to start my first edible container gardens. My lemon tree is still growing and something else took life in one of my flower planters hoping it is the same plant sprouting out of it. Most of my house spider plants that I set outside in Spring, looked their best over the winter and with this summer heat they have almost died. 


The past few days we have seen some much needed rain, thank goodness! I am ready for the heat of the summer to die off any time and give us some descent fall temps!


No comments:

Post a Comment