Monday, June 6, 2011

Lesson 1- Wilton Cake Decorating Class


My daughter and I had our first class today for the Wilton Cake Decorating Class. Our instructor John is awesome, I think we will love this class. We just new it would probably be older women in the class and boy were we mistaken. The class age ranged from 9 years old up to 65 and quite a large group wanting to learn the tricks.  For us, this is quality mother & daughter time and I am hoping my daughter might learn something else she likes to do. You never know she might be an instructor one day or baking for a living. Who knows where this might take her. I know I really enjoyed learning something new in the kitchen especially since I love to bake! I always wanted to play with those icing tools but never new what to do. The first lesson is making stars. My daughter picked it up right off the bat. I new she would be a natural. As for me I couldn't seem to keep my stars the same shape and size but it makes me giggly just knowing I did it! I am like a kindergartner all excited about their first day of school. I came home and decorated the top of my sandwich box from a fast food joint that we had for lunch just so I could practice more. I was out of cookies. The above photo are the cookies I decorated in class, the bottom photo's are the creative designs my daughter created. Now we can enjoy these tasty treats!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment