Friday, April 15, 2011

Chili Bread Bowl



Renata of Testado, Provado & Aprovado! was our Daring Cooks’ April 2011 hostess. Renata challenged us to think “outside the plate” and create our own edible containers! Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 17th to May 16th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!

For my challenge I created chili bread bowls. My husband discovered chili bread bowls at Quizno's and over the winter he discovered they discontinued his favorite item on their menu. So I thought it would be a great idea to make one of his favorites for him. He cooked the chili and I made the bread. It was an awesome meal and absolutely the best way to each chili in my opinion.  :D

4 comments:

  1. So nice of you to make his favourite dish and the idea of chilli with a bread bowl sounds delicious it certainly looks tasty. Great work on this challenge.

    Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the challenge. Chili in a bread bowl must be so delicious! Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! At first I was skeptical to the idea, and I'm not a big chili fan but my husband loves chili. These small bread bowls were very filling and the perfect amount for me. We had lots of chili left over and I continued to bake larger bread bowls through the following days for my 18 year old son, as well as my husband until all the chili had been eaten. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just remembered they grew tired of eating the chili and we added Velveeta cheese and made Chili queso and had an awesome snack!

    ReplyDelete