Monday, February 28, 2011

Daring Bakers Challenge - Italian Panna Cotta & Florentine Cookies


The February 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose to challenge everyone to make Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies. 

What a wonderful dessert! Panna Cotta is so easy to make. I cannot believe we had never heard of or even tried this before!  It has a pudding texture and was a hit in my home! My youngest nephew, he's 11 even had a dish. He loved it, and he is a picky one! It isn't too often that others get to taste what comes out of Aunt B's Kitchen. ;)

The Florentines were very sweet and crispy. Who new they were my husband's favorite cookie. I am a newbie when it comes to trying products in the kitchen. I had to learn the hard way that you cannot replace wax paper for parchment paper especially when it comes to these cookies... I had to try! But now that I have used the parchment paper, I LOVE IT! It is now one of my new favorite things!! I'm not kidding!
I will definitely be making these desserts again!! I am so pleased with my first bakers challenge accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment